Frontera Bugalu (Lido Pimienta Canceled!)
DJ Erin E
Add to Cal
Presented by SITE Santa Fe
We are super bummed to report that Lido Pimienta is sick and not able to come to Santa Fe this weekend. We had such a great time with her in March and were really looking forward to her tearing it up at the Railyard. We hope she feels better soon and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join your Santa Fe neighbors on the Railyard Plaza beside the landmark Water Tower for great FREE concerts all summer long.
- Feel free to bring chairs to the concert.
- Food and drink are available inside Second Street Brewery and Violet Crown Cinema, plus food trucks will be available.
- Bring your water bottle—we will have filling stations.
- Come down early to get a spot on the Second Street Brewery patio to enjoy a a cold beer with the music!
- Violet Crown has patio drink & dining options too.
- Ample parking is available in the underground garage just north of REI.
- Download a map (JPG) showing all of the Railyard parking and transportation options.
Register for the event and we'll also send you updates if there are any schedule changes as well as info on future free programs and events around Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
Frontera Bugalú pays homage to music unique to the long Texas/Mexico border that stretches from Brownsville to El Paso: high-energy cumbia blended with the “border folk” of traditional accordion-fronted Mexican music and of other Latin rhythms. The band began as a collaboration between accordionist/singer Kiko Rodriguez and keyboardist Joel Osvaldo, two veterans of El Paso’s punk, rock, and roots music scenes. The band channels the vibrant shared culture of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, and embodies the new sound of the border, one that embraces both sides of the Rio Grande.
Nacha Mendez's music is an expression of her curiosity, her varied experience and restless passion for living. It refuses to fit neatly into any one genre, fearlessly drawing on a wide range of influences to expand the definition of Latin music. Yet filtered through her powerful voice, these various threads come together in a single unified expression.
DJ Erin E is an electronic omnivore delighting in authentic sounds in unexpected places. A Santa Fe based dj, she is known for her energetic and genre-bending dj sets that touch on nu-cumbia, folklorico, house and techno.