Santa Fe Salutes: Icons
Sponsored by Thornburg Investment Management
Add to Cal
This show is sponsored by Thornburg Investment Management.
Join your Santa Fe neighbors on the Railyard Plaza beside the landmark Water Tower for great FREE concerts all summer long.
- Feel free to bring chairs to the concert.
- Food and drink are available inside Second Street Brewery and Violet Crown Cinema, plus food trucks will be available.
- Bring your water bottle—we will have filling stations.
- Come down early to get a spot on the Second Street Brewery patio to enjoy a a cold beer with the music!
- Violet Crown has patio drink & dining options too.
- Ample parking is available in the underground garage just north of REI.
- Download a map (JPG) showing all of the Railyard parking and transportation options.
Register for the event and we'll also send you updates if there are any schedule changes as well as info on future free programs and events around Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
The Railyard Plaza Concert Series is made possible with the generous support of Falling Colors.
The first AMP Concerts "Santa Fe Salutes" show happened in 2016, with the spontaneous convergence of some of New Mexico's finest musicians to honor the loss of Prince. In the intervening 5 years it has grown to become an established annual event, but there have only been 4 performances; 2020 was a very hard year for live music.
It was also a profoundly difficult year for losing musicians we love: John Prine, Neil Peart, Little Richard, Eddie Van Halen, Bill Withers, Chick Corea, and so many more. As NPR wrote, "We lost icons in every genre: founders and innovators and steadfast traditionalists." To try and single out any one of these artists for a tribute concert—to the exclusion of any of the others—seemed absurd.
So for this year's event we're breaking with tradition and honoring as many of the Icons we lost in 2020 as we can, with performances from across the musical spectrum. A big part of the spirit of "Santa Fe Salutes" has always been to bring together as many of our community of local musicians as possible, and this year will be no exception. This three-hour show will feature performances by local groups, as well as a house band of Santa Fe music scene stalwarts backing a diverse array of special guests, and, for the first time, a video tribute to a photographer—Santa Fe's own Baron Wolman.
PLATINUM LEVEL SPONSORS:
GOLD LEVEL SPONSORS:
SILVER LEVEL SPONSORS:
BRONZE LEVEL SPONSORS:
- loading tweets